Traditional 2 year full time LL.M. programme is offered by the institute to young graduates and professionals from different academic background, who opt for legal education and aim to become legal practitioners. The programme is structured in 4 semesters and integrates the students effectively on par with modern legal practices and diverse legal career academically and professionally. The students achieve sound academic legal education and are made professionally equipped beyond the traditional litigation.
IAMR Law College aims to set new standards of excellence and relevance in legal education . The study of Law at IAMR Law College would provide the students to enrich themselves to give better service to the people with wisdom which will help them to prepare for legal excellence and leadership. College is committed to provide best legal education under the guidance of dedicated team of Law Faculty and successful legal practitioners who will help in enriching students for achieving professional excellence for fostering justice for the common people.
- To enable students to obtain a qualification that meets professional bodies requirements to give progression to the vocational part of legal training necessary to become a practicing lawyer
- To enable students to develop a good knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of the main areas of Indian Laws and certain areas English and common law Legal System.
- To enable students to develop an evaluative and critical approach to the study of Law and the legal system.
- To provide opportunities for students to analyze the characteristics of other legal systems.
- To give students an opportunity to study in depth a choice of modules related to specialized aspects of law.
- To stimulate students’ development of intellectual capacities, through the acquisition of legal knowledge and sustained research and cognitive skills, through legal problem-solving, reasoning and writing.
- To encourage reflection on the relevant social, economic, political, historical, philosophical, ethical, cultural and environmental contexts in which law operates in a complex, pluralistic, modern society
- To equip students in developing intellectual foundation and academic curiosity and the general and transferable skills required to become a well-rounded professional, for further higher education studies, lifelong learning and excellence in their performance.
- Criminal Lawyer: Specializes in criminal laws CrPC, IPC, Evidence Act and various other penal laws.
- Civil Litigation Lawyer: Specializes in civil laws e.g. taxation laws, excise laws.
- Legal Analyst: Works for corporate firms or law firms and analyses laws pertaining to the sphere of the company and its operation.
- Document Drafting Lawyer: Specializes in drafting various documents containing agreements, terms and conditions, case material, etc.
- Legal Journalist: Covers crime beats, legal proceedings in courts, arbitration courts, international courts and arbitration events.
- Legal Advisor: Offers consultancy to corporate firms regarding their legal obligations, duties, legal relations with other firms.
- Government Lawyer: Works for the government and in close coordination with the police.
- Judge: Offers judgment after conducting the court proceedings and hearing al the concerned parties.
Why LLM from IAMR
Our mission is to endeavor towards bringing social, political and economic change. This mission is achieved only with committed students who are keen towards their education. The faculty members and staff at IAMR give their best to the students through a fine combination of curricular schedule and co-curricular activities. The various cells regularly organize competitions and training programs. The Moot Court competition, Legal Aid Clinic trips, literary cell’s activities and Personality Development, Language and Computer Skill classes seek to develop a well rounded professional. The college makes sure that the years in college are utilized in learning the skills needed in a good lawyer. Thus, attention is paid in sharpening a student’s reading and research ability.
Students should follow the prescribed dress code. Decorum of the educational institution should be strictly maintained.
Note:The dress code applies to all students.
Eligibility and Admission Process
- Admission in LL.M. are conducted through entrance exam conducted by CCS University, Meerut. To appear in entrance exam minimum percentage of marks must not below 50 % of the total marks in case of General and OBC category applicants and minimum passing marks in case of SC and ST applicants in 3 Years or 5 Years integrated law course.
- Any applicant who has Law Graduate from any university Recognized by U.G.C.
- Candidates appearing/appeared for the Annual Examination in March/April and those appearing in semester examinations in May-June are also eligible to apply.
- As per C.C.S. University and Bar Council of India norms.
Note: All the above mentioned rules & regulation are subject to C.C.S. University and Bar Council of India.
Eligible candidate may obtain the form from college and send it at college address 9th Km. Stone, Delhi-Meerut Road, Ghaziabad, U.P. with DD of Rs. 1000/- in favour of IAMR Law College, Ghaziabad, U.P.
Check List of Documents for LLM
- 10th mark sheet and certificate.
- 12th mark sheet and certificate.
- Graduation mark sheet and certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Character certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Caste certificate.
- Domicile certificate.
- ID proof.
- Six photographs.
The candidate are required to submit original certificate at the time of admission and two sets of self attested photo copies of following documents / certificates:-